YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday 23 October 2015

Testimonies



             "I was not sure if I had made the right choice when I joined the English Language Society, as my English was poor. But then, the warm welcome I received from the members made me feel comfortable and at ease. I was always so insecure about the way I sounded ever since I had gotten braces but after joining ELS, I slowly began to learn how to be speak confidently in front of class, to voice out my opinions and be happy with my flaws. They did not criticize about how bad my English was. Instead, they were patient with me and they never gave up. The activities they planned for us were so fun and thanks to them, I made so many friends. I no longer fear to present in front of a group of people. With that, I definitely do not regret my choice of joining the English Language Society."


                                                                                             - Hans Cartwright (26, class of 2008)



          "I thought it would be boring because I had this mindset like, "Hey, I mean, it's just going to be like some extra class about English, but only with no teachers right?" To my surprise, ELS ended up having tons of fun activities prepared for us. ELS was not just about the English language but 
being in it exposed me to so many new things. There were debates once every few months and to be honest, it was really refreshing. I hadn't had a good debate in months during that time. It felt so good to just voice out my opinions. There were also events that opened our eyes to the beauty of the English language. It taught me how to interact with people, to voice out and listen to other people's opinion and learn that there is so much more than just my point of view. If I was given the same choice again to choose between the English Language Society or some other club, I wouldn't even 
hesitate to choose ELS."


                                                             - Michael White (23, class of 2011)





           "There was never a meeting that was boring, I can assure you. The environment in the club was always lively and the best part was that I never felt isolated in the club. In school, I was always labelled the geek, the nerd, the usual. Just when I thought ELS was going to treat me the same way, things really turn out for the better. The members made me feel useful and loved. Yes, loved. They were like my second family. Everyone in the society were very friendly and kind. If there was something that I couldn't talk to my parents about, they were always there for me. They might have not given the best advice, but they comforted me when I needed them and their support was never ending. From this, I learned that no one can read minds. If I don't speak out, no one will know what I'm thinking and if I continued on this path of always being silent, I will never move forward. With that, I thank the people in ELS for making me a better person."


                                              
                                              - Bryce Brown (30, class of 2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment